
Well, we finally admitted that we couldn't live in a world without dogs. Tim came home from work one night and said, "Honey, find us a dog!" I did. I picked Apollo up last Monday morning...and we've been having a great time ever since!
Apollo is a 5 year old Border collie / Black lab mix. He is awesome! We were looking for a dog that would be OK with the grandkids, be able to handle our moody cat, and like to play with us. Xavier, my 4 year old grandson, met Apollo Sat. afternoon, and hasn't stopped talking about him since! We went out in the grey, drizzly backyard and played frisbee for about 1/2 hour! Apollo's face lit up when Xavier walked in the door! It had been 5 days since he said goodbye to his previous kids, so he was quite happy to have a small person to play with. Xavier came over again today for more frisbee and snuggle time.
Did I mention that Apollo loves to snuggle? He is a great snuggler! It's been a real snuggle week. We have gotten into a pretty good routine on work days, getting in alot of play and run time...but he seems to look forward to cuddle time.
We take a walk in the morning and play a bit of frisbee before work, and again after work. Before bed, we take another walk...too much barking to play frisbee in the dark of night! In between, he gets up on the bed and just lets us pet, hug and brush him. OK, the brushing is tolerated as long as I stay away from a few areas...his chin is off limits! He is really getting used to the whole routine.
I've been working with Apollo on a few commands for agility. He is very smart, he learns quick! He knows come, sit, stay, wait, outside, backyard, walk, shake and probably a few more. We've been working on "watch me." Training is pretty easy, we have found him to be Very FOOD motivated!
Apollo is the God of Light. He sure has brightened our lives! Look for more adventures of Apollo!

1 comment:
It's been 2 weeks now, and Apollo has settled in quite well. The work week is rougher...we are gone for several hours and it's dark 3/5 of the nights when I get home (that's changing slowly with spring around the corner!). Our days off, he's thrilled! We spend more time outside and play frisbee. He also likes the snuggle time when we come in. He can be a bit demanding if you stop petting him, but he's even polite about that! He seems to know to be very gentle with Xaira, but that he can be rowdier with Xavier. Can't wait to have all 4 Grandkids here to play! I think Apollo will be thrilled with Summer & Xavier together!!
I think Taran turned out OK. I think you had something to do with that, too. Princess was great with him ( and all of us ).
Post a Comment